For the duration of the Covid-19 pandemic, Matchfit training sessions follow protocols designed to ensure that all government rules and ECB guidance is strictly followed. Click on the following links for the current ECB guidance for cricket activity from 12th April 2021:
Based on the above guidance, for our summer term school clubs we will be following the following protocols:
1. No-one may attend if they or anyone in their household has had symptoms of Covid-19 within the previous 7 days.
2. Participants must sanitise their hands before starting the session. Whilst waiting for the session to start, participants must ensure that social distancing is maintained.
3. Parents must provide an email address and mobile phone number at which they can be contacted during the sessions if necessary, for example in the event of an injury to their child, or in the event that their child develops Covid-19 symptoms.
4. In the event of an injury, the coaches may administer basic first aid if necessary pending the return of a parent.
5. In the event that a participant develops Covid-19 symptoms, they will be asked to remain in the designated Covid-19 isolation area (if there is one) or a safe separate space (if there is no designated area), pending the return of a parent.
6. Coaching will be carried out in accordance with applicable governing body and government Covid-19 guidance.
7. Participants will be asked to maintain social distancing of 2m at all times and must always follow instructions of coaches about this. Parents are asked to ensure that their children understand this in advance of the sessions.
8. All participants will be asked to sanitise their hands as necessary at intervals throughout the sessions and at the end of the sessions.
9. Participants should not spit or clear their nose except into a tissue or handkerchief that they must retain and take away.
10. Participants should not share kit and should bring their own kit where they have it. Sanitised kit will be provided as necessary and must not be shared unless it has been sanitised before being used by a different participant.
11. At the end of the sessions, parents should wait by their car (or in any other place designated by the school) until called forward. Parents collecting their child should maintain social distancing at all times.
12. In the event that any participant tests positive for Covid-19 within 7 days of attending one of the sessions, you must inform us so that we can inform other participants in accordance with government track and trace guidance.